Grants and Fellowships
IASP has an extensive annual grants and awards program to support investigators working in basic or clinical research and to support education in developing countries.
IASP® Grants and Fellowships
- Pfizer Independent Grants for Learning & Change (IGLC)
Requests for proposals for up to US$250,000 to stimulate pain education efforts throughout Japan.
- IASP Early Career Research Grants Program
Multiple grants of US$20,000 each support researchers who are in the early career stage of pain investigations.
- Siriraj International Fellowship Training in Clinical Pain Management
IASP and the World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists offer a joint one-year fellowship at Mahidol University, Bangkok, from August 1, 2019 to July 30, 2020, to an outstanding clinical trainee interested in practical pain management training for application in resource-limited countries. Features personal mentoring, case study lessons, and other learning techniques.
- IASP Developing Countries Project: Initiative for Improving Pain Education
Educational support grants for up to US$10,000 are available to improve essential pain education for clinicians in developing countries.
- IASP Collaborative Research Grants
Collaboration support grants of up to US$15,000 support collaborative research between two or more research groups located in different countries.
- The John J. Bonica Trainee Fellowship
The John J. Bonica Trainee Fellowship was established in 1998 in memory of the founder of IASP to support training in all aspects of pain research. Now closed!
- John D. Loeser Distinguished Lecture Award
This award is intended to create a tradition that instructs, inspires, and challenges clinicians and researchers to understand human pain, and the suffering it produces, in the broadest ways possible.
- John J. Bonica Distinguished Lecture Award
The award was initiated in 1984 and is presented every two years to a person who has made a major contribution to pain research or therapy. The IASP President selects the recipient.
- Ronald Melzack Lecture Award
Chosen recipient will receive a plaque to be presented at the Congress, airfare (economy class) for travel to the Congress and accommodation expenses, and free Congress registration.
- IASP Award for Excellence in Pain Research and Management in Developing Countries
Two selected nominees from low income countries (per the World Bank list) will each receive complimentary IASP World Congress registration, a travel grant of up to US$10,000, two years of IASP membership, and three books from IASP Press.
- Patrick D. Wall Young Investigator Award for Basic Science
Selected nominee will receive discount airfare for travel to the IASP World Congress and accommodation expenses, complimentary IASP World Congress registration, a cash award of US$2,500, and a plaque.
- Ulf Lindblom Young Investigator Award for Clinical Science
Selected nominee will receive discount airfare for travel to the IASP World Congress on Pain, accommodation expenses, complimentary IASP World Congress registration, a cash award of US$2,500, and a plaque.
- Ronald Dubner Research Prize
Selected nominee will receive discount airfare for travel to the IASP World Congress on Pain, accommodation expenses, a complimentary IASP World Congress registration, a cash award of US$2,500, and a plaque.