Early Career Network
Supports, Advances, and Promotes the Needs of Early Career Members
To fulfill its mission to support, advance, and promote the needs of early career members, the Early Career Network:
- Provides opportunities for early career members to network, collaborate, and share experiences between peers, senior researchers and clinicians.
- Organizes webinars, mentoring programs, or in-person events at conferences and other training or group sessions to develop professional skills and increase knowledge in pain management and pain research, and scientific acumen.
- Advocates for early career member positions in IASP leadership.
- Advocates for increased early career involvement and representation at IASP and SIG meetings.
- Encourages and empowers early career researchers and clinicians to develop into the next generation of pain experts.
7-9 September - Lisbon, Portugal
Early Career/Trainee Activities at NeuPSIG 2023 were not planned by the ECN. We still encourage early career attendees to take advantage of these activities:
1-4 October - Halifax, Canada
Early Career/Trainee Activities at ISPP 2023 were not planned by the ECN. We still encourage early career attendees to take advantage of these activities:
- Early Career/Trainee Reception
1 October: 18:00-19:00
- Early Career/Trainee Lounge
1-4 October: 07:00-17:00
- Early Career/Trainee Mentoring Sessions
2 October: 17:00-18:00
- Early Career/Trainee Grant Writing Workshop
3 October: 13:45–15:00
- Early Career/Trainee Poster Award
- PRF-ISPP 2023 Correspondents Program
Application Deadline: 8 September
Early Career Network Board
Committees and Task Forces
- Education Committee: Organizes educational activities for early career members (e.g., webinars, mentoring). This will include activities during the IASP World Congress and throughout the year.
- Nomination Committee: Organizes and supervises the nomination and voting process for new ECN board members and leadership every year in collaboration with IASP leadership and staff.
- Communication Committee: Manages the ECN online presence in collaboration with the IASP staff through the development and maintenance of the ECN webpage and the development of the ECN profile/presence on social media and continuous communications on these channels.
- Finances Committee: Oversees the ECN's finances and organizes fundraising if/when necessary.
- Governance Task Force: Works with IASP representatives to create the ECN bylaws.