Ronald Dubner conducts research on changes in the peripheral and central nervous system following tissue and nerve injury and the development of new pharmacological strategies for acute and chronic pain. He is a past IASP Councilor and a past Editor-in-Chief of PAIN.
This prize was launched in 1993 and honors the best clinical or basic science research paper, series of papers or doctoral thesis in the field of pain that were published or in press while the candidate is in training as a student, intern, resident, pre-doctoral fellow, post-doctoral fellow or equivalent. This prize is presented at the IASP World Congress on Pain and the Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group selects the recipient.
The recipient is given the opportunity to present their research at the IASP World Congress on Pain. The recipient also receives a plaque, economy airfare to the Congress, Congress registration, and Congress accommodation expenses, and a cash prize of US$2,000.
Prize Eligibility Requirements
- The candidate must be an IASP trainee member at the time of application.
- The candidate should have worked mainly under the guidance and supervision of senior researchers.
- The candidate must have published work in international refereed journals or periodicals. Only work published in international publications will be considered.
- If selected, the candidate must attend the IASP 2022 World Congress on Pain in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from 19-23 September 2022.
- Complete the online application form.
- The candidate must be proposed by a senior scientist who provides an expert opinion on the scientific standing of the candidate. A letter of nomination from the senior scientist describing the importance of the paper or papers and verification of the candidate’s status as a trainee must be submitted. This letter must be uploaded through the online application.
The candidate’s short-form curriculum vitae (CV) must be submitted through the online application. The CV must use the IASP template. The maximum length for this document is 4 pages.