IASP Collaborative Research Grants
Grant: Grant of up to US$15,000
Purpose: The IASP Collaborative Research Grants support international interdisciplinary pain research collaborations with an emphasis on collaborations among basic, translational and clinical scientists.
Timeline: The call for 2018 IASP Collaborative Research grant proposals will open on January 17, 2018 and close on April 4, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time.
- The principal investigator in charge of the overall project must have been a member of IASP for the past year.
- The principal investigator should be at a professional level of independence (i.e., a faculty-level academic appointment).
The IASP Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Qualifications of the investigators
- Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration
- The grants cover travel and accommodation costs to support collaborative research by two or more research groups located in different countries.
- Collaborations between basic science and clinical research groups will receive highest priority.
- IASP support will be in the form of a grant to an institution on behalf of the principal investigator of the project. The principal investigator will be responsible for managing these funds and must submit detailed financial and scientific reports within two years.
- The principal investigator in charge of the overall project must submit a final scientific report that includes information on activities and products generated with the help of the collaborative research award. These include publications and presentations at conferences, colloquia, or symposia as well as the generation of additional external support.
- Publications and other products arising from the work these grants support must acknowledge IASP as a source of funding.
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted in English via the online application system and include all required documents, as stated in the online application guidelines.
Upload the following documents to the online application system:
- A description of the research project (Word document, four pages maximum including references, 11 pt. font, half-inch [1.27 cm] margins)
- Short-version curriculum vitae of the principal investigator (template available in the online system)
- The principal investigator in charge of the overall project must provide a letter from his or her institutional official that includes:
- Evidence of professional independence (i.e., a faculty-level academic appointment)
- Nonprofit status of the institution
- Acknowledgment that neither the IASP nor the IASP Collaborative Research Grant will be liable (i.e., charged) for any indirect costs (overhead and handling fees) associated with the execution of the work described in the application
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions, or call +1-202-856-7400.
Click here to see past winners of IASP Collaborative Research Grants
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive