GRANTS: Up to US$15,000.
PURPOSE: IASP Collaborative Research Grants support international interdisciplinary pain research collaborations with an emphasis on collaborations among basic, translational, and clinical scientists.
TIMELINE: The call for 2019 IASP Collaborative Research grant proposals will open Thursday, January 17, 2019, and close on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time.
The principal investigator in charge of the overall project must have been a member of IASP for the past year from the date of application.
The principal investigator should be at a professional level of independence (i.e., a faculty-level academic appointment).
The IASP Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Qualifications of the investigators
- Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration
The grants cover travel and accommodation costs to support collaborative research by two or more research groups located in different countries.
Collaborations between basic science and clinical research groups will receive highest priority.
IASP support will be in the form of a grant to an institution on behalf of the principal investigator of the project. The principal investigator will be responsible for managing these funds and must submit detailed financial and scientific reports within two years.
The principal investigator in charge of the overall project must submit a final scientific report after one year that includes information on activities and products generated with the help of the collaborative research award. These include publications and presentations at conferences, colloquia, or symposia, as well as the generation of additional external support.
Publications and other products arising from the work these grants support must acknowledge IASP as a source of funding. A copy must be sent to IASP Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications must be submitted in English via the online application system and include all required documents, as stated in the online application guidelines.
Please complete and upload the following documents to the online application system:
- A description of the research project (Word document, four pages maximum including references, 11 pt. font, half-inch [1.27 cm] margins)
- Short-version curriculum vitae of the principal investigator (Please use the IASP template available in the online system.)
- The principal investigator in charge of the overall project must provide a letter from the institutional official that includes
- Clearly stated evidence of professional independence (i.e., a faculty-level academic appointment)
- Clearly stated nonprofit status of the institution
- Acknowledgment that neither the IASP nor the IASP Collaborative Research
Grant will be liable (i.e., charged) for any indirect costs (overhead and handling fees) associated with the execution of the work described in the application.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions, or call +1-202-856-7400.
Click here to see past winners of IASP Collaborative Research Grants