2021 Global Year About Back Pain
Welcome to the 2021 Global Year About Back Pain
This year's theme focuses on helping clinicians, scientists, those living with pain, and the public understand the nature of back pain and the utility of available treatment modalities. Please click here to read more about the 2021 Global Year About Back Pain aim and objectives.
By providing free fact sheets, webinars, publications, and more, we hope this campaign helps lead to better patient outcomes, and contribute towards IASP's vision of global pain relief.
Use our media kit, including logos and shareable graphics, to elevate the conversation about back pain and help spread the word about 2021 Global Year About Back Pain.
- PAIN and PAIN Reports
- 2021 Global Year About Back Pain Webinar Series
- National Insitute of Rheumatology and Physiotherapy (Hungary)
- The Pain Toolkit hosts workshops on Back Pain
- Prevent4Work discusses back and neck pain in the workplace
- Letter to a Friend in Pain from Dave Butler at NOI Group
- Back Pain and Self-Management: A Success Story by Trevor Barker
- Back to basics: 10 facts every person should know about back pain (BJSM)
- Ten Low Back Pain Facts (Pain-Ed)
- Empowered Beyond Pain Podcast (Body Logic Physiotherapy- Australia)
- Do you know of a resource or event related to back pain? Submit your idea here.
Global Year Task Force
Owen Williamson, MBBS, Co-Chair (Canada)
Paul Cameron, PhD, Co-Chair (United Kingdom)
Kobi Degraft-Johnson, PhD (Ghana)
Dawn Ernstzen, PhD (South Africa)
Thomas Graven-Nielsen, PhD (Denmark)
Monika Hasenbring, PhD (Germany)
Keith Meldrum (Canada)
Jo Nijs, PhD (Netherlands)
Gabrielle Pagé, PhD (Canada)
Marcus Schiltenwolf, MD (Germany)
Petra Schweinhardt, MD, PhD (Switzerland)
William Shaw, PhD (United States)
Takahiro Ushida, MD, PhD (Japan)
David Walsh, MD (United Kingdom)
How to Participate
There are many ways you can get involved in the Global Year campaign. Here are a few ideas to help you get started.
- Join IASP
- Tell us about your 2021 Global Year About Back Pain activities
- Follow the conversation using #GlobalYear2021 on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to learn about the latest 2021 Global Year About Back Pain publications, resources, and activities
- Submit a resource or webinar proposal related to back pain
Factsheets on Pain Prevention
Global Year Fact Sheets, prepared by top experts on various aspects of back pain, will be available soon. Please check back for updates. The topics listed below may not reflect the final list of fact sheets.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Self-Management of Back Pain
Anatomy & Biomechanics of Back Pain