Social Aspects of Pain
The Social Aspects of Pain SIG (SocSIG) aims to:
Raise awareness and understanding of the social context of pain within the IASP community and the community at large
Provide a forum for interdisciplinary researchers with a common interest in social aspects of pain and pain management to connect with each other, exchange ideas, and discuss advances in our understanding of social contributors to and consequences of acute and chronic pain
Foster collaboration between basic and clinical researchers to demonstrate ways in which social factors can be harnessed to improve pain management
Facilitate international and interdisciplinary collaborations among researchers and clinicians with a common interest in the social context of pain
The SocSIG plans to achieve these aims by:
- Bringing together groups of researchers to conduct systematic reviews of socialinterventions for acute and chronic pain management
- Providing a discussion forum for clinicians and researchers to connect with each other
- Holding satellite meetings and workshops at bi-annual IASP World Congress Meetings
- Promoting meetings, workshops, symposia, and events that are relevant to SIG members
Sorry, there are currently no newsletters available
Follow the steps below to access the Social Aspects of Pain SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Social Aspects of Pain"
Officers [Term 2018-2020]
Chair: Claire Ashton-James (Australia)
Vice Chair: TBD
Past Chair: TBD
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More