Pain, Mind, and Movement
The SIG on Pain, Mind, and Movement aims to act as a multidisciplinary forum of communication in order to:
- Improve the standard of care provided to patients with disabling pain in order to improve physical and psychological functioning and increase participation in daily life.
- Empower health professionals and patients to play active roles in the rehabilitation process.
- Encourage basic and clinical research on how mind and movement affect disabling pain.
- Facilitate the translation of evidence into clinical practice and to mediate the implementation of new diagnostics and treatments.
- Foster communication between researchers, clinicians and patients to drive research and stimulate international study.
- Interfacing Evidence in Clinical Practice
4 August 2020 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Pain, Mind and Movement SIG Business Meeting
7 August 2020 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Pain-related Fear and the Process of Change in People with Chronic Back Pain
Presenter: Dr. JP Caneiro
21 March 2019
Click Here To Watch the Recorded Webinar
- 17th World Congress on Pain
Satellite Symposium - Applying Science to the Clinic
2018 | Boston, MA
View Satellite Symposium Program
- 16th World Congress on Pain
Topical Workshop - Pain, Mind, and Movement Across the Lifespan:
Integrating Science into Practice When Treating Pain in Children, Adults, and the Elderly
2016 | Yokohama, Japan
Follow the steps below to access the Pain, Mind & Movement SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Pain, Mind & Movement"
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at email@example.com with inquiries about the SIG.
Officers [Term 2018-2021]
Chair: Felipe Reis (Brazil)
Vice Chair: N/A
Past Chair: Romy Parker (South Africa)
Treasurer: Katie McBee (USA)
Secretary: Anabela Silva (Portugal)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More