IASP Early Career Research Grants Program
Grants: Multiple grants of US$20,000 each
Purpose: The IASP Early Career Research Grant facilitates a development of young researchers just starting their careers as independent investigators.
Timeline: The call for 2019 IASP Early Career Research grant proposals will open December 13, 2018, and close February 7, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time.
At the time of application applicants should be:
- IASP members.
- Within 6 years of having received their final degree, or completing professional and specialty training.
- Initiating their career as an independent investigator.
- Applicant should not have been a recipient of a grant that provides support equal to or greater than the IASP Early Career Research grant.
The IASP Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will evaluate all proposals based on:
- The scientific merit of the proposed research.
- The qualifications of the investigator. Only work published in international refereed journals or periodicals will be considered.
Terms of the Awards:
- The awardee will be responsible for managing the funds to be administered by the institution.
- The awardee must acknowledge IASP as the source of funding in any publications arising from work supported by these grants.
- The awardee must agree to start the project within one year of the announcement of the award, submit interim progress report, a detailed final scientific report within six months of completing the project and a two year progress report.
How to Apply:
To apply, complete the online application in English when it is available in mid-December. For more information on the online application process, please review the online application guidelines.
You will need to provide the following documents and upload them into the online system:
- A description of the research project to be undertaken (4 pages max, including references, 11 pt. font, ½ inch (1.27 cm) margins);
- At least one letter of recommendation;
- A letter from an institutional official that includes:
- Evidence of professional independence (i.e., a faculty academic appointment typically at the Assistant Professor rank, and with dedicated and independent research space, etc.);
- Evidence of institutional support (e.g. that basic costs, such as associated salary, administrative support and the use of laboratory/office space are covered);
- Non-profit status of the institute;
- Acknowledgment that neither the IASP nor the Early Career Research Grant will be liable (i.e. charged) for any indirect costs (overhead and handling fees) associated with the execution of the work described in the application.
- The short version curriculum vitae of the applicant including a list of publications (4 pages max). The template is available via online grant application system; and
- Proposed budget. The template is available via online grant application system.
IASP will not consider incomplete applications.
- IASP will award multiple grants per year to be used by eligible applicants who are starting their independent career.
- The IASP Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will make the final decisions on the awards.
- The grants are available internationally and are not related to any particular discipline.
- The committee will give consideration to a balance of all aspects of pain research projects including the clinical, social and basic sciences when considering the awards.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions, or call +1-202-856-7400
IASP does not take responsibility for accidents or other legal issues occurring during the period a person is benefiting from an IASP grant.
View previous recipients of IASP Early Career Research Grants.
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive