Ulf Lindblom Young Investigator Award for Clinical Science
- Cash award of US$2,500
- Economy airfare to the IASP World Congress on Pain, accommodations, and a complimentary IASP World Congress registration
- Plaque to be presented at the IASP World Congress
- Opportunity to present research
The application cycle for the 2022 Congress is open from 25 August 2021 to 20 October 2021.
The Ulf Lindblom Young Investigator Award for Clinical Science will be presented at the biennial IASP World Congress on Pain. The award began in 2008 and honors an individual who has achieved a high level of independence as an outstanding scholar in the field of pain in clinical science. The award is named in honored of Ulf Lindblom, a co-founder, past-president, and 20-year Council member of IASP who died in 2017.
- The candidate must be less than 40 years of age.
- The candidate must be a current IASP member at the time of application
- The candidate should have performed independent research, i.e., the most recent work should not have been done under supervision of a senior scientist.
- Only work published in international refereed journals or periodicals will be considered.
- The candidate may be proposed by a senior scientist or may personally apply for this prize.
- The recipient should be prepared to attend the IASP 2022 World Congress on Pain in Toronto, Canada from 19-23 September 2022.
Nominations should include the following:
- Letter of nomination including a statement that the candidate has achieved a level of independence as a scholar, or for self-nomination, a letter describing such level of independence.
- A candidate’s curriculum vitae (Please use the short-version IASP template. CVs must not be longer than four pages, including citations.)
The Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group reviews all eligible applications and chooses a recipient. All decisions are final.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or call +1.202.856.7400.
Click here to see previous winners of the Ulf Lindblom Young Investigator Award.