Patrick D. Wall Young Investigator Award for Basic Science
- Cash award of US$2,500
- Economy airfare to the IASP World Congress on Pain, accommodations, and a complimentary Congress registration
- Plaque to be presented at the IASP World Congress
Nominations Open: 28 August 2019
Nomination Deadline: 23 October 2019
The Patrick D. Wall Young Investigator Award is presented at each biennial IASP World Congress on Pain. Launched in 1987, the award honors individuals who have achieved a high level of independence as a scholar in the field of pain. The IASP Fellowship, Grants, and Awards Working Group selects the recipient.
- The candidate must be less than 40 years of age.
- The candidate needs to be an IASP member at the time of application.
- The candidate should have performed independent research, i.e., the most recent work should not have been done under supervision of a senior scientist.
- Only work published in international refereed journals or periodicals will be considered.
- The candidate may be proposed by a senior scientist or may personally apply for this prize.
- The recipient should be prepared to attend the IASP 2020 World Congress on Pain in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 4-8 August 2020.
All Applications Must be Submitted in English. Nominations Should Include the Following:
- Letter of nomination including a statement that the candidate has achieved a high level of independence as a scholar, or for self-nomination, a letter describing such level of independence
- A candidate’s curriculum vitae (Please use the short-version IASP template. The maximum page count is four, including citations.)
The Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will review all nominations and choose the recipient(s). All decisions are final.
Nominations will be submitted via an online form beginning 28 August 2019.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or call +1-202-856-7400.
Click here to see previous winners of the Patrick D. Wall Young Investigator Award.
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive