Articles and Press Releases
Click below to see the latest articles and press releases:
- Press Release: New Diagnostic Codes for Chronic Pain Approved Under ICD-11
- Pain, coded: Article from The Telegraph published 3 November 2019
- A Classification of Chronic Pain for ICD-11
- Chronic Pain as a Symptom or a Disease: The IASP Classification of Chronic Pain for the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11)
- Chronic Primary Pain
- Chronic Cancer-Related Pain
- Chronic Postsurgical or Posttraumatic Pain
- Chronic Neuropathic Pain
- Chronic Secondary Headache or Orofacial Pain
- Chronic Secondary Visceral Pain
- Chronic Secondary Musculoskeletal Pain
- Functioning Properties of Chronic Pain
- Applicability in Primary Care
- Pilot Field Testing of the Chronic Pain Classification for ICD-11: The Results of Ecological Coding
- Confronting Pain at Its Core: Article published 3 March 2020
- Establishing Recognition for the Chronic Pain Community
- A Major Undertaking to Understand Pain
Describes the purpose and uses of the International Classification of Diseases.
Describes why ICD is important, who uses it, and why it is being revised.
Allows you to open a browser to review the ICD-11 version for preparing implementation.
The reference guide explains how to use the ICD-11 and what is new.
Comment on the ICD-11 proposals
This guide gives further information on the ICD-11 and how it will be implemented.
Pilot field testing of the ICD-11 chronic pain classification.
Field testing of the ICD-11 chronic pain classification in cooperation with the WHO.
18 June 2018
The ICD-11 version for preparing implementation is released, it includes the new chronic pain codes.
25 May 2019
The World Health Assembly approved the ICD-11.
1 January 2022
The ICD-11 will come into effect.
- Definitions of Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Structure of the ICD-11 Classification