I am a
Home I AM A Search Login

Papers of the Week

2020 Jan-Mar

Asian J Neurosurg



Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma Involving Entire Ventricular System.


Kumar H, Sharma A, Sharma V, Singhvi S
Asian J Neurosurg. 2020 Jan-Mar; 15(1):126-127.
PMID: 32181185.


Primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL) is a rare tumor that accounts for <1%-4% of primary CNS tumor. PCNSLs are class of non-Hodgkin's lymphomas which are primarily of diffuse large B-cell origin (90%), with remaining being T-cell lymphoma (10%). Author report a rare case of PCNSL presenting as an intracranial mass involving the entire ventricular system, in an immunocompetent 36-year-old male with severe headache, decreased vision, and unsteady gait. The diagnosis was obtained by histopathological and subsequent immunohistochemistry.