I am a
Home I AM A Search Login

Papers of the Week

2019 Nov 29

BMC Infect Dis



Acute shock caused by Clonorchis sinensis infection: a case report.


Wang N, Tang B, Hao Y, Bai X, Wang X, Li Y, Yang Y, Li S, Hao S, Wang X, Liu M, Liu X
BMC Infect Dis. 2019 Nov 29; 19(1):1014.
PMID: 31783809.


Clonorchiasis, caused by Clonorchis sinensis (C. sinensis) infection, is a serious food-borne zoonotic disease that is often asymptomatic or shows only mild symptoms, which leads to delayed treatment and chronic clonorchiasis and results in various complications, such as cholelithiasis, cholangitis, cholecystitis and cholangiocarcinoma. However, acute shock caused by C. sinensis infection has not been reported. Here, for the first time, we describe a fatal case of acute shock caused by C. sinensis infection.