I am a
Home I AM A Search Login

Papers of the Week

2019 Sep

Medicine (Baltimore)



Surgery for intra-abdominal abscess due to intestinal perforation caused by toothpick ingestion: Two case reports.


Lim D R, Kuk J C, Kim T, Shin E J
Medicine (Baltimore). 2019 Sep; 98(36):e17032.
PMID: 31490392.


Failure to pass though the gastrointestinal tract can result in inflammatory response, reactive fibrosis, and intestinal perforation. Fish bones, chicken bones, and toothpicks are the most common types of foreign substances that produce intestinal perforation during ingestion.