The Early Career Network (ECN) was created by the IASP Early Career Presidential Task Force and approved by the IASP Council with the support of Dr. Catherine Bushnell, IASP President and Dr. Claudia Sommer, IASP Past-President.
The mission of the ECN is to support, advance, and promote the needs of early career members and to prepare them to be the future leaders of IASP and experts in pain research and management.
The Early Career Network Will:
- Provide opportunities for early career members to network, collaborate, and share experiences between peers, senior researchers and clinicians.
- Organize webinars, mentoring programs, or in-person events at conferences and other training or group sessions to develop professional skills and increase knowledge in pain management and pain research, and scientific acumen.
- Advocate for early career member positions in IASP leadership.
- Advocate for increased early career involvement and representation at IASP and SIG meetings.
- Encourage and empower early career researchers and clinicians to develop into the next generation of pain experts.
The ECN would like to thank Dr. Bushnell, Dr. Sommer, and IASP Council and staff for their continuous support. We also thank the Early Career Presidential Task Force members who worked on the creation of the Network.