IASP is accepting applications for the John. J. Bonica Trainee Fellowship. The Fellowship is named in honor of IASP’s founder John J. Bonica and supports training in all aspects of pain research. The fellowship is available internationally and awards $100,000 to a selected trainee who will pursue either clinical research or basic science research under the guidance of a mentor at the institution of their choice.
- The selected applicant must provide a proof of PhD completion (or equivalent) prior to initiation of the Fellowship.
- The trainee will generally be in an early stage of his or her career.
- Trainee must be an IASP member at the time of applying.
- Mentor must be an IASP member for at least one year at the time of applying.
- The mentor must not have served as a mentor for a John J. Bonica Fellowship trainee within the last three years.
All fellowship applications need to be received by 19 May.