Aims and goals for Pain Registries SIG:
- Provide guidance on best practice in developing pain registries.
- Represent pain registries within IASP.
- Support collaborators from medical centers, worldwide, to join or initiate pain registries for procedures, therapies or services.
- Initiate and advance registry-related projects.
- Guide on funding to support the further expansion and development of registries.
- Encourage collaborators to present their findings at IASP meetings.
- Promote registry-based trials.
- Encourage existing medical registries (unrelated to pain specifically) to include some “agreed” standard pain outcomes as a minimum.