The Pain Registries Special Interest Group aims to:
- Provide guidance on best practices in developing pain registries.
- Represent pain registries within IASP.
- Support collaborators from medical centers worldwide to join or initiate pain registries for procedures, therapies, or services.
- Initiate and advance registry-related projects.
- Guide funding to support the further expansion and development of registries.
- Encourage collaborators to present their findings at IASP meetings.
- Promote registry-based trials.
- Encourage existing medical registries (unrelated to pain specifically) to include some “agreed” standard pain outcomes as a minimum.