The SIG on Pain, Mind, and Movement aims to act as a multidisciplinary forum of communication in order to:
- Improve the standard of care provided to patients with disabling pain in order to improve physical and psychological functioning and increase participation in daily life.
- Empower health professionals and patients to play active roles in the rehabilitation process.
- Encourage basic and clinical research on how mind and movement affect disabling pain.
- Facilitate the translation of evidence into clinical practice and to mediate the implementation of new diagnostics and treatments.
- Foster communication between researchers, clinicians and patients to drive research and stimulate international study.