The SIG on Pain in Older Persons aims to:
- Increase awareness and promote education about pain in older persons.
- Provide an international and interdisciplinary forum for people interested in clinical and research questions on pain in older persons.
- Develop/endorse best practice guidelines for assessment and management of pain in older persons.
- Promote discussion and research on pain in older persons, including: senescence of pain perception, multidimensional assessment of pain and its consequences, pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of pain, and uniqueness of the pain experience in patients with cognitive impairment.
- Facilitate the development of international collaborative research efforts on pain in older persons.