The Pain Education Special Interest Group will to progress the understanding of pain education across various disciplines of health sciences and across the geographical boundaries of different countries to facilitate better understanding and management of people living with pain.
The Pain Education Special Interest Group aims to:
- Promote pain education to health professionals, patients, the general public & policymakers.
- Provide a forum for educational support to those providing pain education, including assessment, evaluation, and related research.
- Promote the sharing of used and validated educational resources among healthcare professionals.
- Promote evidence-based, innovative educational methods and technologies to facilitate pain education.
- Provide a forum for interprofessional discussions to influence policies and recommendations for wider engagement of stakeholders.
- Organize educational activities such as meetings, seminars, webinars, and workshops on pain education.
Pain Education SIG Activities, Events, and Awards
- Pain Education SIG Symposium at the 2022 World Congress on Pain in Toronto: Technology, Innovation, and Progress Symposium in Pain Education
- 2023 Pain Research Forum Webinars
- 2022 Pain Research Forum Webinars
- IASP Awards Grants for the IASP Developing Countries Project: Initiative for Improving Pain Education
Pain Education Activity at ISSPCON 2023: View hand-drawn posters from the Indian Society for the Study of Pain’s 2023 Annual Conference (ISSPCON 2023).