IASP members can contact the CRPS SIG Communications Liaison, Amanda Stone, at email@example.com. Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
The following resources are included to provide support to individuals looking for further information on CRPS. IASP is not responsible for the content listed on these sites.
International Research Consortium for CRPS
Core outcome measures for CRPS research studies (COMPACT)
United Kingdom: CRPS UK Clinical Research Network
United States: RSDSA
Canada: RSD Canada: Promoting Awareness of RSD and CRPS in Canada
A PubMed search revealed a total of 147 publications on CRPS-related issues since January 2019. Here are some relevant articles on CRPS published in May and June 2019.
- Antony AB, Schultheis BC, Jolly SM, Bates D, Hunter CW, Levy RM. Neuromodulation of the dorsal root ganglion for chronic postsurgical pain. Pain Med 2019;20 (Supplement 1):S41-S46.
- Bazika-Gerasch B, Maier C, Kumowski N, Fiege C, Kaisler M, Vollert J, Dietrich JW. Compared to limb pain of other origin, ultrasonographic osteodensitometry reveals loss of bone density in complex regional pain syndrome. Pain 2019;160:1261-69.
- Bruehl S, Gamazon ER, Van de Ven T, Buchheit T, Walsh CG, Mishra P, Ramanujan K, Shaw A. DNA methylation profiles are associated with complex regional pain syndrome following traumatic injury. Pain 2019; doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001624. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cropper HC, Johnson EM, Haight E, Cordonnier SA, Chaney AM, Forman TE, Biswal A, Stevens MY, James ML, Tawfik VL. Longitudinal TSPO-PET imaging of peripheral and central myeloid cells in a mouse model of complex regional pain syndrome. Pain 2019; doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001607. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dietz C, Müller M, Reinhold AK, Karch L, Schwab B, Forer L, Vlckova E, Brede EM, Jakubietz R, Üceyler N, Meffert R, Bednarik J, Kress M, Sommer C, Dimova V, Birklein F, Rittner HL. What is normal trauma healling, what is complex regional pain syndrome I? An analysis of clinical and experimental biomarkers. Pain 2019; doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001617. [Epub ahead of print]
- Drummond PD, Morellini N, Visser E, Finch PM. Expression of cutaneous beta-2 adrenoceptors is similar in patients with complex regional pain syndrome and pain-free controls. Pain Med 2019; doi: 10.1093/pm/pnz110. [Epub ahead of print]
- Helyes Z, Tekus V, Szentes N, Pohoczky K, Botz B, Kiss T, Kemeny A, Koenyei Z, Toth K, Lenart N, Abraham H, Pinteaux, E, Francis S, Sensi S, Denis A, Goebel A. Transfer of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome to Mice via human autoantibodies is mediated by interleukin-1-induced mechanisms. PNAS 2019; doi: 10.1073/pnas.1820168116 (e-pub).
- Kersten C, Cameron MG, Bailey AG, Fallon MT, Laird BJ, Paterson V, Mitchell R, Fleetwood-Walker SM, Daly F, Mjåland S. Relief of neuropathic pain through epidermal growth factor receptor inhibition: a randomized proof-of-concept trial. Pain Med 2019; doi: 10.1093/pm/pnz101. [Epub ahead of print
- Knudsen LF, Terkelsen AJ, Drummond PD, Birklein F. Complex regional pain syndrome: a focus on the autonomic nervous system. Clin Auton Res 2019; doi: 10.1007/s10286-019-00612-0. [Epub ahead of print]
- König S, Bayer M, Dimova V, Hermberger M, Escolano-Lozano F, Bednarik J, Vlckova E, Rittner H, Schlereth T, Birklein F. The serum protease network- one key to understand complex regional pain syndrome pathophysiology. Pain 2019;160:1402-09.
- Verfaille C, Filbrich L, Cordova Bulens D, Lefévre P, Berquin A, Barbier O, Libouton X, Fraselle V, Mouraux D, Legrain V. Robot-assisted line bisection in patients with complex regional pain syndrome. PloS One 2019;14:e0213732.
IASP Accepted Criteria for CRPS
Harden, R. N., Bruehl, S., Perez, R. S., Birklein, F., Marinus, J., Maihofner, C., Lubenow, T., Buvanendran, A., Mackey, S., and Graciosa, J. (2010). "Validation of proposed diagnostic criteria (the “Budapest Criteria”) for complex regional pain syndrome." PAIN, 150(2), 268-274. These criteria are described in the IASP Classification of Chronic Pain.