“Long Hauler” COVID-19 Pain Morbidities and Their Management is now available as a free educational resource.
This on-demand virtual event included three 90-minute sessions discussing:
- How pain in acute and early convalescent COVID-19 patients should be managed.
- The latest recommendations on the use NSAIDs in COVID-19 patients.
- How current knowledge around pain management, headache, and fatigue can be applied to the treatment of Long COVID.
- How non-opioid strategies can be optimized to avoid over-prescription and addiction.
- The assessment and the use of NSAIDs before and after receiving a COVID-19 vaccination.
- How Long COVID differs from ME/CFS.
- Brian Walitt, MD – NIH, USA
- Daniel Ciampi de Andrade, MD, PhD – Hospital das Clínicas, LIM 62, Brazil
- Robin Gelburd, J.D., USA
- Ali Russo, BS, USA
- Ian Lipkin, MD, USA
- Thiago M. Cunha, PhD – University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto Medical School, Brazil
- Serge Perrot, PhD, MD – Department of Pain Evaluation, Hôpital Cochin, France
- Xavier Moisset, MD, PhD, France
- Lisa McCorkell, MPP, USA
- AKM Akhtaruzzaman, MD – Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Bangladesh