Manager of Association Services
The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented individual, committed to exceptional customer service to join its high-performing team in Washington, DC.
The Manager of Association Services will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of key IASP programs. Primarily, the position will serve as the program manager for the International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS) – an association management client of IASP. In this role, s/he will be responsible for managing the governance, membership, communications, and administrative and operational activities for IPPS in close coordination with the IASP COO. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for managing the IASP grants, awards and fellowship program including overseeing marketing communications, grant review, award administration and evaluation for all IASP awarded grants, awards and fellowships annually.
Experience and Qualifications:
- College graduate, with a minimum of 5 years in association management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities that deliver measurable results within budget and on deadline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
- An ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment.
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing various information technology tools for use in projects and initiatives.
- Advanced knowledge of association database software (preferably IMIS), Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- High degree of cultural competency and working with members and stakeholders globally.
- Some travel may be involved to the IPPS Annual conference and to a face-to-face board meeting.
- Strong listening and diplomatic skills, as well as the ability to develop positive and productive relationships.
- Proactive perspective, offering ideas on how to make improvements.
- “Can do” attitude and patience.
- Strong willingness to take on new challenges, learn, and grow.
- Demonstrated orientation towards customer service; must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Works with flexibility, efficiency, enthusiasm and diplomacy, both individually and as part of a complex team effort.
- A professional demeanor; sensitive to social practices in other cultures around the globe.
- The ability to work independently, collaborates as a team player, and interacts successfully with all levels of staff.
- The highest personal and professional integrity.
- A sense of humor and maintaining composure, effectiveness, and flexibility under pressure.
- Detail oriented, highly conscientious and possess a high degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
Marshall Brown is conducting the search. Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Manager of Association Services
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer
At IASP, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.