Methodology, Evidence Synthesis, and Implementation SIG
The Methodology, Evidence Synthesis, and Implementation SIG (MESISIG) aims to:
- Foster a widespread interest in the production and science of systematic reviews and meta-analysis of the highest quality for pain management.
- Provide a forum for dissemination of skills and reviews, providing assistance in the work of "discovering" relevant publications, quality control and scoring, and extracting data, to assist in maintaining the high profile of pain research and management in the wide context of health care.
- Evidence Synthesis for Determining Efficacy and Harm: Identifying a Quality Signal n the Growing Noise
4 August 2020 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- MESI SIG Business Meeting
6 August 2020 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Reliable Evidence in Pain Therapy: Bridging the Gap between Clinical Trials and Clinical Practice
26 August 2012 | Milan, Italy
Follow the steps below to access the Methodology, Evidence, Synthesis & Implementation SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Methodology, Evidence, Synthesis & Implementation"
Oxford Pain Internet Site
This site aims to be a "one-stop pain shop": a single site providing fast and easy access to all available information on evidence-based pain relief. Only reviews providing clear and clinically relevant messages are included on the Oxford Pain Internet Site, which will continually be updated as new reviews come along. The site also includes summary pages, adverse effects data, supporting links and references, a search function, and a "wisdom" section that provides various types of information, including methods of systematic review and the Oxford league table of analgesic efficacy.
Officers [Term 2018-2021]
Chair: Chris Eccleston (UK)
Vice Chair: Sebastian Straube (Canada)
Past Chair: Andrew Moore (UK)
Scott Strassels (USA)
Sebastian Straube (Canada)
Simon Haroutounian (USA)
Kate Seers (UK)
R Bell (Norway)
Emma Fisher (UK)
Andrew Moore (UK)
Amanda Williams (UK)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More