Pain and Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (PIDDSIG)
- Education and resources specific to pain assessment and management in this vulnerable and complex patient population.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge exchange to advance awareness of the problem of pain for individuals with IDD within IASP and in consult with other national and international associations.
- The examination of the underlying mechanisms of chronic and acute pain specific to individuals with IDD who may have altered or compromised physiological systems.
- Multidisciplinary and multi-site research collaborations.
- The identification and implementation of strategies, programs, and learning opportunities that support the goal of improving pain management for individuals with IDD internationally.
Sorry, there are currently no newsletters available
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
Founding Chair: Ruth Defrin (ISRAEL)
Committee member: Chantel Barney (USA)
Committee member: Frank Symons (USA)
Committee member: Lara Genik (CANADA)
Committee member: Brian McGuire (IRELAND)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More