Pain and Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (PIDDSIG)
- Education and resources specific to pain assessment and management in this vulnerable and complex patient population.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge exchange to advance awareness of the problem of pain for individuals with IDD within IASP and in consult with other national and international associations.
- The examination of the underlying mechanisms of chronic and acute pain specific to individuals with IDD who may have altered or compromised physiological systems.
- Multidisciplinary and multi-site research collaborations.
- The identification and implementation of strategies, programs, and learning opportunities that support the goal of improving pain management for individuals with IDD internationally.
- SIG Business Meeting
30 June 2021 - [12:45 - 13:45]
World Congress on Pain | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sorry, there are currently no newsletters available
Follow the steps below to access the PIDDSIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
Login into your IASP account
Click on "My Account"
Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
Click on your listed SIG - "PIDDSIG"
Join the PIDDSIG conversation on Twitter! Follow the SIG @PIDDSIG
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
Founding Chair: Ruth Defrin (ISRAEL)
Committee member: Chantel Barney (USA)
Committee member: Frank Symons (USA)
Committee member: Lara Genik (CANADA)
Committee member: Brian McGuire (IRELAND)
Randi Dovland Andersen (NORWAY)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More