Pain in Older Persons
The SIG on Pain in Older Persons aims to:
- Increase awareness and promote education about pain in older persons.
- Provide an international and interdisciplinary forum for people interested in clinical and research questions on pain in older persons.
- Develop/endorse best practice guidelines for assessment and management of pain in older persons.
- Promote discussion and research on pain in older persons, including: senescence of pain perception, multidimensional assessment of pain and its consequences, pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of pain, and uniqueness of the pain experience in patients with cognitive impairment.
- Facilitate the development of international collaborative research efforts on pain in older persons.
October 6-11, 2014, 15th World Congress on Pain, Buenos Aires, Argentina, at the La Rural Convention Center.
- SIG Pain in Older Persons General Bussiness Meeting
- Maximizing Effectiveness of Pain Interventions in Older Adults
- Pain and Cognition: a bidirectional perspective
Click Here to access the Pain in Older Persons SIG Groupsite (you must log in with your IASP credentials).
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
Officers [Term 2018-2020]
Chair: Keela Herr (USA)
Vice Chair: Benny Katz (Australia)
Past Chair: Stephen Gibson (Australia)
Treasurer: Miriam Kunz (Netherlands)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More