The Non-Human Pain SIG aims to:
- Encourage basic and clinical research on the recognition of pain in animals, mechanisms of pain in animals, and management of pain in animals.
- Encourage the use of spontaneous animal disease as a model for studying mechanisms and alleviation of human pain.
- Encourage cross-species collaboration in pain research.
- Act as a central point for interdisciplinary discussion of pain in non-human species.
- SIG Business Meeting
28 June 2021 - [12:45 - 13:45]
World Congress on Pain | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Beyond Reflex Measures of Pain and Hypersensitivity in Non-Human Species
11 September, 2018 | Boston, Massachusetts (USA)
- The Inaugural Pain in Animals Workshop
November 2017 | NIH
Follow the steps below to access the Non-Human Pain online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Non-Human Pain"
Chair: Jennifer Lofgren (USA)
Past Chair: Duncan Lascelles (USA)
Secretary: Nick Andrews (USA)
Treasurer: Wenlong Huang (UK)
Andrew Rice (UK)
Victor Owoyele (Nigeria)
Daniel Pang (Canada)
Mette Herskin (Denmark)
Dale Sandercock (UK)
Constanza Meneses Evans (USA)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More