Neuropathic Pain (NeuPSIG)
The Neuropathic Pain SIG (NeuPSIG) will advance the understanding of mechanisms, assessment, prevention, and treatment of neuropathic pain.
- Collaboration between basic and clinical research.
- The study of the underlying mechanisms of neuropathic pain.
- The exchange of information and experience about the assessment and treatment of neuropathic pain.
- The identification and implementation of programs to prevent the development of neuropathic pain.
- Furthering the educational objectives of the SIG via international meetings, an annual symposium, workshops at the IASP World Congress on Pain®, Congress satellite meetings, a newsletter, and the IASP® website.
- Neuropathic Pain SIG Symposium
Discovering New Therapeutic Targets and Molecular Pain Mechanisms Using Human Tissues: Recent Advances, Emerging Pitfalls, Continuing Gaps in Knowledge
27 June 2021 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- SIG Virtual General Meeting
6 August 2020 | 13:00 - 14:00 ET USA
- 7th International Congress on Neuropathic Pain
9-11 May 2019 | London, United Kingdom
- The Genetics Of Neuropathic Pain And Its Comorbidities
2018 | Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
- 6th International Congress on Neuropathic Pain
15-18 June 2017 | Gothenburg, Sweden
Follow the steps below to access the Neuropathic Pain SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Neuropathic Pain"
Join the NeupSIG conversation on Twitter! Follow on @NeuPsig
NeuPSIG has produced instructional videos on neurological examinations of patients with neuropathic pain.
- Central Neuropathic Pain (with Spanish subtitles)
- Examination of the Cranial Nerves
- Examination of the Cranial Nerves (with Spanish subtitles)
- Examination of a Patient with Central Neuropathic Pain
- Examination of a Patient with Peripheral Neuropathic Pain (with Spanish subtitles)
Officers [Term 2020-2022]
|Executive Committee (elected)||Management Committee Members (appointed)|
|Chair: Aki Hietaharju (Finland)||Committee Member: Harriet Kemp (UK)|
|Vice Chair: Simon Haroutounian (USA)||Committee Member: Margarita Calvo (Chile)|
|Past Chair: Nanna Finnerup (Denmark)||Committee Member: Theodore Price (USA)|
|Treasurer: David Bennett (UK)||Committee Member: Angelika Lampert (Germany)|
|Secretary: Patrick Dougherty (USA)||Committee Member: Sulayman Dib-Hajj (USA)|
|Committee Member: Lesley Colvin (UK)|
|Scientific Program Committee - 8th Int'l|
|Chair: Simon Haroutounian (USA)|
|Chair: Theodore Price (USA)||Assessment Committee|
|Chair: Andrea Truini (Italy)|
|Chair: Aki Hietaharju (Finland)||Developing World Committee|
|Chair: Margarita Calvo (Chile)|
|Chair: Harriet Kemp (UK)||Radiculopathy Committee|
|Chair: Annina Schmid (UK)|
|Trainee Committee||Chair: Brigitte Tampin (Australia)|
|Chair: Harriet Kemp (UK)|
|Research Committee||Chair: Nanna Brix Finnerup (Denmark)|
|(in abeyance)||Chair: Nadine Attal (France)|