Neuropathic Pain (NeuPSIG)
The Neuropathic Pain SIG (NeuPSIG) will advance the understanding of mechanisms, assessment, prevention, and treatment of neuropathic pain.
- Collaboration between basic and clinical research.
- The study of the underlying mechanisms of neuropathic pain.
- The exchange of information and experience about the assessment and treatment of neuropathic pain.
- The identification and implementation of programs to prevent the development of neuropathic pain.
- Furthering the educational objectives of the SIG via international meetings, an annual symposium, workshops at the IASP World Congress on Pain®, Congress satellite meetings, a newsletter, and the IASP® website.
Join us at the 7th International Congress on Neuropathic Pain on May 9-11, 2019 at the Hilton London Metropole in London, United Kingdom.
- NeuPSIG Satellite Meeting: The Genetics Of Neuropathic Pain And Its Comorbidities
The Jackson Laboratory
Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
- 6th International Congress on Neuropathic Pain
June 15-18, 2017
The IASP SIG on Neuropathic Pain (NeuPSIG) keeps an archive of published newsletters.
NeuPSIG has produced instructional videos on neurological examinations of patients with neuropathic pain.
- Central Neuropathic Pain (with Spanish subtitles)
- Examination of the Cranial Nerves
- Examination of the Cranial Nerves (with Spanish subtitles)
- Examination of a Patient with Central Neuropathic Pain
- Examination of a Patient with Peripheral Neuropathic Pain (with Spanish subtitles)
Officers [Term 2018-2020]
|Executive Committee (elected)||Management Committee Members (appointed)|
|Chair: Nanna Finnerup (Denmark)||Committee Member: Mario Campero (Chile)|
|Vice Chair: Aki Hietaharju (Finland)||Committee Member: Claudia Sommer (Germany)|
|Past Chair: Blair Smith (UK)||Committee Member: Mark Wallace (USA)|
|Treasurer: David Bennett (UK)||Committee Member: Srinivasa Raja (USA)|
|Secretary: Simon Haroutounian (USA)||Committee Member: Harriet Hemp (UK)|
|Committee Member: Patrick Dougherty (USA)|
|Scientific Program Committee - 7th Int'l||Committee Member: Margarita Calvo (Chile)|
|Chair: Mario Campero (Chile)|
|Chair: Patrick Dougherty (USA)||Assessment Committee|
|Chair: Andrea Truini (Italy)|
|Chair: Aki Hietaharju (Finland)||Assessment in Non-Human Species Committee|
|Chair: Clifford Woolf (USA)|
|Chair: Mark Wallace (USA)||Genetics of Neuropathic Pain Committee|
|Chair: David Bennett (UK)|
|Trainee Committee||Chair: Michael Costigan (USA)|
|Chair: Harriet Kemp (UK)|
|Research Committee||Chair: Nanna Brix Finnerup (Denmark)|
|(in abeyance)||Chair: Joachim Scholz (USA)|
|Treatment Committee||Developing World Committee|
|(in abeyance)||(in abeyance)|