The SIG on Musculoskeletal Pain seeks to increase awareness, and provide a forum to discuss the interaction between muscle pain and motor control systems as it relates to musculoskeletal pain. In understanding this relationship better, the SIG aims to address the following areas:
- The mechanisms involved in the sensory and motor characteristics of joint, bone, and muscle pain
- Novel treatment opportunities
- Musculoskeletal Pain SIG Symposium
Updates of Musculoskeletal Pain: Fascia, Inflammation, Neuroplasticity and Microbiome
27 June 2021 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- SIG Business Meeting
30 June 2021 - [12:45 - 13:45]
World Congress on Pain | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Treatment Strategies of Musculoskeletal Pain
11 September 2018 | Boston, Massachusetts (USA)
Follow the steps below to access the Musculoskeletal Pain SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Musculoskeletal Pain"
Officers [Term 2018-2022]
Chair: Heather Tick (USA)
Vice Chair: N/A
Past Chair: Hans-Georg Schaible (Germany)
Secretary: Renato Martins (Brazil)
General Officers: Norman Marcus (USA) and Feng Pan (Australia)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More