Pain, Mind, and Movement
The SIG on Pain, Mind, and Movement aims to act as a multidisciplinary forum of communication in order to:
- Improve the standard of care provided to patients with disabling pain in order to improve physical and psychological functioning and increase participation in daily life.
- Empower health professionals and patients to play active roles in the rehabilitation process.
- Encourage basic and clinical research on how mind and movement affect disabling pain.
- Facilitate the translation of evidence into clinical practice and to mediate the implementation of new diagnostics and treatments.
- Foster communication between researchers, clinicians and patients to drive research and stimulate international study.
- Pain-related Fear and the Process of Change in People with Chronic Back Pain
Presenter: Dr. JP Caneiro
21 March 2019
Click Here To Watch the Recorded Webinar
- 17th World Congress on Pain
Satellite Symposium - Applying Science to the Clinic
View Satellite Symposium Program
- 16th World Congress on Pain
Topical Workshop - Pain, Mind, and Movement Across the Lifespan: Integrating Science into Practice When Treating Pain in Children, Adults, and the Elderly
Click Here to access the Pain, Mind and Movement SIG Groupsite (you must log in with your IASP credentials).
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
Officers [Term 2018-2021]
Chair: Felipe Reis (Brazil)
Vice Chair: N/A
Past Chair: Romy Parker (South Africa)
Treasurer: Katie McBee (USA)
Secretary: Anabela Silva (Portugal)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More