Ethical and Legal Issues in Pain
The SIG on Ethical and Legal Issues in Pain aims to draw together those involved in the legal process surrounding the subject of pain and has the following objectives:
- To establish an international forum for the wider discussion of clinical and legal issues in pain.
- To act as a forum for airing views about the difficulties encountered by clinicians and patients in the different legal/health care systems.
- To provide guidelines reflecting the need to produce well-structured and clinically comprehensive reports for legal purposes.
- To ensure that adequate attention is given to pain diagnosis, management, and treatment.
- To act as a resource to those who act only on an occasional basis.
- To produce and maintain an updated bibliography on relevant articles.
- ELIP SIG Symposium
Compensation and Medico-Legal Issues in Pain
27 June 2021 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- SIG Business Meeting
1 July 2021 - [12:45 - 13:45]
World Congress on Pain | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Pain Scans and Prescribing: The State v. People in Pain
11 September 2018 | Boston, Massachusetts (USA)
- Contemporary Medicolegal Issues and Pain
24-25 August 2012 | Lake Como, Italy
Follow the steps below to access the Ethical & Legal Issues in Pain SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Ethical & Legal Issues in Pain"
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
Officers [Term 2018-2020]
Chair: Owen Williamson (Canada)
Vice Chair: N/A
Past Chair: N/A
Treasurer: George Mendelson (Australia)
Secretary: Carolyn Arnold (Australia)
Newsletter co-editors: Melita Giummarra (Australia)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More