Pain in Childhood
The SIG on Pain in Childhood aims to:
- Promote education about pain in children
- Share relevant information about children's pain control
- Advance our ability to alleviate children's pain from an international and interdisciplinary perspective
- Encourage research, particularly multicenter studies and studies that focus on unique problems of pediatric patients, including newborns.
Learn about the latest about pediatric pain science at the World Congress on Pain!
Follow us on Twitter: @childpainSIG
The SIG sponsors an International Symposium on Pediatric Pain every two years. This is the premier international meeting on research and clinical improvement for all children in pain.
June 16 to 20, 2019, Basel, Switzerland
12th International Symposium on Pediatric Pain, www.ispp2019.org
"Children and Families as Partners in Pain Management"
11th International Symposium on Pediatric Pain: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2017
10th International Symposium on Pediatric Pain: Seattle, Washington, USA, 2015
9th International Symposium on Pediatric Pain: Stockholm, Sweden, 2013
Previous International Symposia, starting in 1988, are listed at www.childpain.org
August 26, 2012, Milan, Italy
"The Basic and Clinical Science of Challenging Pediatric Pain Syndromes," official satellite symposium of the 14th World Congress on Pain.
Follow the steps below to access the Pain in Childhood SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Pain in Childhood"
- "Why Children's Pain Matters" – GA Finley, LS Franck, RE Grunau, CL von Baeyer, Pain: Clinical Updates, Volume XIII, Issue 4 (September 2005)
- Pediatric Pain Letter: Commentaries on pain in infants, children, and adolescents: www.childpain.org/ppl
- External SIG Website: http://www.childpain.org/
- Faces Pain Scale - Revised: http://www.iasp-pain.org/fpsr
- Opioid Use in Pregnancy Alters Newborn Outcomes and Subsequent Development
Officers [Term 2018-2020]
President: Ananda Fernandes (Portugal)
Past-President: Carl von Baeyer (Canada)
President-Elect: Stefan Friedrichsdorf (USA)
Secretary: Lindsey Cohen (USA)
Treasurer: Marsha Campbell-Yeo (Canada)
Christine Chambers, PhD (Canada) (2014-2019)
Deirdre Logan, PhD (USA) (2015-2020)
Liesbet Goubert, PhD (Belgium) (2018-2023)
Line Caes, PhD (United Kingdom) (2017-2022)
Maria Fitzgerald, PhD (United Kingdom) (2014-2019)
Ricardo Carbajal, MD (France) (2015-2020)
*All terms begin Jan 1 of the start year shown and end Dec 31 of the end year shown.
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More