Abdominal and Pelvic Pain
The SIG on Abdominal and Pelvic Pain aims to:
- Provide a forum for members to engage in discussion on the diagnosis and management of pain perceived in the Abdominal and Pelvic areas.
- Promote a multidisciplinary approach to patients with abdominal and pelvic pain. Including the development of global guidelines, in which pain, its associated distress, physical disability and associated disorders are the central subject, independent of the medical specialties (e.g. urology, gynecology and gastro-enterology)
- Provide guidance for training in pain management in abdominal and pelvic pain and for clinics that deliver this management.
- Disseminate up to date knowledge of abdominal and pelvic pain by setting up educational programs for patients and caregivers.
- Implement modern systems (e.g. web-based maps) to propagate the guidelines for daily use in patient care.
- Support and develop educational initiatives (including meetings) to disseminate the issues around these pains to a broader audience.
Five Questions for Bert Messelink, Immediate Past Chair of the SIG on Abdominal and Pelvic Pain
Read the interview that appeared in the October edition of Pain: E-Monthly.
View presentations on "Endometriosis: From Whole Genome Sequencing to Holistic Management." These presentations were delivered at an industry-supported symposium by Dr. William H. Catherino and Dr. Frank F. Tu on October 19, 2015, in Baltimore, Md.
Emeran Mayer, MD, speaks about brain-gut microbiome interactions and relationships to health and illness at a UCLA-hosted TEDx Talk in October 2015.
SAVE THE DATE: October 12-14, 2017, 3rd World Congress on Abdominal & Pelvic Pain, Washington, D.C., cosponsored by the International Pelvic Pain Society and the SIG on Abdominal and Pelvic Pain.
Qasim Aziz(UK): Chair
Katy Vincent (UK): Chair-elect
Sandy Hilton(US): Secretary/Treasurer
Frank Tu (US): Past Chair
IASP Council Liaison
Sushma Bhatnagar (India)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.