Volunteer for an IASP Working Group or Committee
Nov 1, 2020
Here is your chance to become more active and support IASP by joining one of our committees or working groups or volunteering your skills and expertise on a special project.
Why join? You will...
- Play an active role in shaping the future of IASP and in contributing to its mission of supporting the study of pain and improving pain relief worldwide
- Meet and exchange ideas with other IASP members from different countries and disciplines
- Enhance your professional development
- Help IASP provide the best possible service to its members
Here is the list of committees and working groups that need volunteers. In addition, if you would like to offer your expertise but don’t have the time to commit to a committee, we would still like to know more about you and see how you can assist with special projects.
- Audit Committee: Work with external accounting auditor to ensure compliance with accounting rules and regulations.
- Developing Countries Working Group: Develop the IASP strategy for advancing pain education in developing countries; develop guidelines, review applications and determine awardees for Developing Countries Education Grant; develop outcome measures for grant program and strategies.
- Digital Strategy and Content Working Group: To provide oversight and direction with respect to the development, curation, and accuracy of content on IASP digital platforms.
- Education Programs Working Group The mission of the working group is to develop, support and enhance IASP educational programs globally.
- Fellowship, Grants, and Awards Working Group: Develop the application process and select the winners of the IASP Research Symposium, the IASP Collaborative Research Grants, the IASP Early Career Grants, all IASP Fellowships, and the Congress-related awards.
- Finance Committee: Determine the amount of annual membership dues, prepare budget for Council approval, and make recommendations on reserve funds and investments.
- Membership and Chapters Committee: To promote all types of membership and participation in the International Association for the Study of Pain and to enhance member satisfaction by addressing the evolving needs and interests of its members. To facilitate the lines of communication within and among chapters to maximize the exchange of scientific information and networking at the local level.
Most volunteer work is done via email and conference calls. English is the official language for all committee and working group activities.
Deadline for applications is November 18, 2020. The Committee on Committees will review all applications in December and contact those who are selected. We hope you will review the opportunities to participate and that you will volunteer for a committee or working group that complements your interests.