SIGs Offer 9 Satellite Symposia at the World Congress
Apr 11, 2018
IASP Special Interest Groups have developed 9 satellite symposia that will explore critical research as well as clinical skills concerning various pain specialties. In addition, the final list of topical workshops for the World Congress soon will be published on the World Congress website.
The satellite symposia are scheduled immediately before and after the World Congress. Preregistration opens soon for the following symposia:
- Beyond Reflex Measures of Pain and Hypersensitivity in Non-Human Species
- The Cascade from Tissue Injury to CRPS: Beyond “Chronification”?
- The Genetics of Neuropathic Pain and its Comorbidities
- Improving Clinical Practice through Harnessing Placebo Effects
- Integrated Orofacial and Head Pain Classification
- Pain, Mind, and Movement: Applying Science to the Clinic
- Pain Scans and Prescribing: The State vs. People in Pain
- The Science and Art of Pediatric Pain Management
- Treatment Strategies of Musculoskeletal Pain
These symposia are popular and are highly rated by past World Congress delegates, so be sure to register early to reserve your seat. Check here for information of the various programs.
Among the many pain areas represented in the more than 70 topical workshops are clinical, basic, and translational science; psychology; brain imaging; childhood and geriatric pain; clinical trials; pharmacology; joint pain; neurology; oncology; and sports medicine.
Decisions about the more than 2,300 poster abstract submissions will be communicated in late April. Those chosen will be posted on the World Congress site later this year.