Pain eMonthly provides information about the pain field, the association, and the activities of IASP's members, chapters, and Special Interest Groups.
I am pleased to announce that Colleen Eubanks has agreed to serve as IASP’s new Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The search committee unanimously agreed that among the many very qualified applicants, Colleen was the best person to lead the IASP office. With Colleen as CEO, we look forward to continuing positive and constructive collaboration to serve our members at the highest possible professional level.
I am likewise excited and proud to announce the details of the IASP Virtual Series on Pain & Expo. Just launched, the website – including registration – provides insight into the six-month groundbreaking event, offering an immersive virtual education and networking experience.
The IASP Virtual Series on Pain & Expo will consist of scientific education and content that was earmarked for the 2020 World Congress on Pain. With in-person meetings postponed, IASP knows that the science of pain cannot wait and it is bringing it online for all in the international global community.
This groundbreaking event includes:
- 20+ Accredited scientific sessions: 90-minute sessions each consisting of a 60-minute scientific presentation and a 30-minute live Q&A session with new sessions every month.
- 450 Posters in an accredited poster gallery: View the posters, watch videos of poster presentations, engage with the authors, and obtain continuing medical education credits in the virtual gallery.
- Networking lounges: Topic-specific chat rooms for attendees to converse about sessions and collaborate with other attendees across disciplines and specialties.
- Industry updates: Explore symposia, virtual exhibit booths, and expert roundtables that showcase the latest industry research.
- ALiVE: Area for the Lived Virtual Experience: Presented by the Global Alliance of Pain Patient Advocates (GAPPA), these accredited workshops will give healthcare providers, researchers, and patient advocates opportunities to learn about incorporating the patient voice in pain research and clinical practice.
The program will span six months with new session content added biweekly. Live sessions will be offered with chat, polling, and Q&A segments to allow for maximum engagement. Sessions will be available on-demand to allow convenient access for all attendees from our entire global community.
As an added benefit, those who have registered for the 2021 World Congress on Pain will receive free access to the IASP Virtual Series on Pain & Expo. Please note that registration for the Virtual Series is available separate from Congress registration for both members and non-members.
For more information about the IASP Virtual Series on Pain & Expo, including session schedules, videos, and more, please visit www.iasp-pain.org/virtual-series.
IASP has achieved a great deal in the last five months despite difficult working conditions. We are all thankful to our staff for their commitment and hard work.
Lars Arendt-Nielsen, Dr. Med., Phd
- IASP eNewsletter - November 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - August 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - June 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - April 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - February 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - December 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - October 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - August 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - June 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - April 2013