Director of Education and Meetings
The International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) is seeking a highly motivated individual, committed to life-long professional development. The Director of Education and Meetings will manage a varied portfolio of global meetings and educational programs supporting IASP’s strategic goals including the World Congress on Pain. The position is responsible for directing the planning and execution of meetings and programs to ensure that goals for budget, quality and attendee experience are achieved. This includes ensuring the quality of IASP educational programs including curriculum design and meeting content delivery through leading-edge design, execution, and successful interaction with IASP staff and members. Additionally, the Director will direct all aspects of meetings management including responsibilities for budget, vendor and logistics management.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Researches and identifies new educational products and services for IASP’s global educational program offerings; investigates partnerships for program and product development; evaluates the potential and feasibility of products.
- Serves as primary liaison with the Scientific Program Committee, and Local Arrangements Committee.
- Acts as the primary liaison for faculty, moderators, and poster presenters; oversees communications and speaker logistics leading up to, during, and after the World Congress and other IASP programs including SIG meetings and other programs.
- Provides expertise on educational media (e.g. video, e-learning, multi-media) and encourages their innovation for educational products. Assists the Scientific Program Committee on the effective and appropriate use of educational technologies for adult learners, and ensure continuity of educational standards, themes and delivery for IASP.
- Reviews assessment and evaluation data and uses that feedback to improve learning initiatives.
- Works closely with CME and CE providers to ensure compliant programs and procedures.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and provides timely reporting to COO for proactive management.
- Oversees meeting planning for all IASP meetings working closely with staff and outsourced partners in order to ensure a profitable and successful education and networking events that provide a high-value experience for attendees, exhibitors, and the volunteer leadership.
- Serves as project management lead by directing planning and execution of meetings and programs utilizing formal project management techniques to ensure that goals for budget, quality and attendee experience are achieved. Incumbent must pay attention to key resource requirements, timelines, conducting competitive environmental analysis when required, pricing and marketing/distribution.
- Develops, plans and oversees RFP/bidding process and budget for the IASP meetings including the World Congress on Pain; provide cost analysis, profit and loss projections and recommend pricing strategies as they pertain to the Congress budget.
- Directs logistical components for all meetings including registration, housing, venue management, audio-visual requirements, and transportation and budget management.
- Oversees interactions with all vendors involved with the production of the Congress.
The ideal candidate will possess a:
- College graduate, with a minimum of five years of experience designing and promoting educational programs in a health/medical care setting, preferably in a healthcare association.
- Graduate degree in education a plus.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) and/or Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience in meeting and/or event planning and executing large, complex meetings. Working with planning international meetings is a plus.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and educational curriculum development.
- The ability to research and apply new learning and delivery methods to the association’s educational programs.
- Ability to manage multiple programs and services globally that deliver measurable results within budget and on deadline. Understanding of costs and methods for ensuring profitability a must.
- Knowledge of CE and ACCME accreditation process.
- Commitment to program evaluation and continuous improvement.
- High degree of cultural competency and working with members and stakeholders globally.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Good understanding of database systems including program evaluation tools;
- Proficient in project management and budgeting.
- Direct experience with the analysis, development, modification, and/or implementation of digital training or other technologically based course program authoring or educational software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contracting, exhibit management, registration, housing, meeting logistics and floor plan development.
Marshall Brown is conducting the search. Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements directly to: email@example.com subject line: Director of Education & Meetings.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer
At IASP, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.