If you would like to form a chapter in your country or region, please follow these steps:
- Establish a local pain association or organization in your country if one does not already exist. Click here to see a listing of all IASP chapters to make sure that your country does not already have one.
- Once an association is established in your country, make sure that at least 25 members of your organization are current IASP members. If your organization is located in a developing or currency-restricted country, you can have as few as ten current IASP members to apply.
- IASP Chapters must be multidisciplinary, and efforts should be made to include physicians of various specialties, dentists, psychologists, nurses, physical therapists, and basic scientists.
- Each member of the association's executive committee must be a current IASP member. To find out more about IASP membership, click here.
- Return the completed application to IASP with the signatures of 25 current IASP members (or ten, as noted above).
- For inquiries on how to form an IASP Chapter, please email the Director of Membership, Rob Burman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return the application form to:
International Association for the Study of Pain
1510 H Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005-1020 USA
By Telephone: +1-202-856-7400
By Fax: +1-202-856-7401