The Itch Special Interest Group aims to:
- Provide a forum for members to discuss itch, its basic mechanisms, and translation to clinical treatment.
- Advocate for basic science and translational research on itch.
- Foster community among itch researchers and clinicians at IASP through membership and socials.
- Facilitate scientific exchange on itch through the promotion of meetings.
- Encourage synergistic interactions between IASP and the International Forum for the Study of Itch (IFSI).
- Cultivate an integrative approach based on interactions and overlap between itch and pain concerning mechanisms, psychophysics, experimental tools, and treatment.