Aims and goals for Itch SIG:
- Provide a forum for members to engage in discussion on itch — its basic mechanisms and translation to clinical treatment.
- Advocate for basic science and translational research on itch.
- Foster community among itch researchers and clinicians at IASP through membership and socials.
- Facilitate scientific exchange on itch through the promotion of meetings.
- Further synergistic interactions between IASP and IFSI (International Forum for the Study of Itch).
- Cultivate an integrative approach based on interactions and overlap between itch and pain concerning mechanisms, psychophysics, experimental tools and treatment.