Poster Abstract Submission
|Abstract Guidelines - Deadline 8 March 2019|
- May be only submitted for poster presentations.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the website only. Abstracts submitted by email or fax will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by 8 March 2019. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Presenting authors should be prepared to register to attend the Congress.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be listed in the official meeting publications.
- Abstracts that have been presented at another meeting may be submitted.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- No changes will be made to submitted and accepted abstracts.
- Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Abstract submitters will be requested to confirm that you will declare any conflict of interests in your presentation at the Congress.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details;
- Email address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: institution / hospital, city, country
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. The abstract may be a maximum of 5000 characters combined. Punctuation counts as characters. The title, author block, disclosure block (affiliations), and source of financial support are not included in the abstract count. Abstracts must be organized into the following sections:
- Abstracts should clearly state:
- Background and aims
- Source of Financial Support
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals
- You will receive an abstract submission number via email after you have submitted your abstract.
- After submitting your abstract, you can still make changes up until the deadline. After the deadline, no changes will be accepted.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Applications close 8 March 2019
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
Please contact IASPDesk@iasp-pain.org with any questions.