Pain and Placebo
The SIG on Placebo aims to:
- Gather all available scientific data on placebo in its various aspects and manifestations.
- Define the subject of placebo in pain research.
- Evaluate placebo and its effects in the treatment of pain.
- Stimulate the international study of placebo and its phenomena as a possibly useful mechanism.
- Pain & Placebo SIG Symposium
Psychoneurobiological Mechanisms of Placebo Effects: Recent Evidence and Clinical Implications
27 June 2021 | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- SIG Business Meeting
1 July 2021 - [12:45 - 13:45]
World Congress on Pain | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Placebo Symposium: Harnessing Placebo Mechanisms to Improve Clinical Outcomes
17-18 November 2017 | Sydney, Australia
- Placebo Effects: Can They Be Enhanced in Clinical Practice?
26 August 2012 | Milan, Italy
Follow the steps below to access the Pain & Placebo SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Pain & Placebo"
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
Officers [Term 2018-2022]
Chair: Luana Colloca (USA)
Vice Chair: Andrea Evers (Netherlands)
Past Chair/Treasurer: Damien Finniss (Australia)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More