Pain eMonthly provides information about the pain field, the association, and the activities of IASP's members, chapters, and Special Interest Groups.
September is Pain Awareness Month
The month of September has been declared Pain Awareness Month. Pain Awareness Month is a time when various organizations, including IASP, work to raise awareness of issues in the area of pain, pain treatment, and pain research.
This month is a time to engage with the broader public to raise awareness of pain conditions, celebrate the pain management research and treatment community, and look forward to the future and how the IASP community can work together for the relief of pain. There are three easy ways to get involved in this month:
- Use #PainAwarenessMonth on social media;
- Wear blue to work on 27 September;
- Share your story about why you study pain by using #WhyIStudyPain.
Thoughts for My Final Year as President
When I started as IASP president in September 2018 ‘I had a plan’, a plan to enhance members benefit (e.g. educational resources) and interactions, engage patients, and ensure a sustainable economy. Strategies to implement this plan are currently being executed thanks to the support by the IASP Council.
My vision for the last year of my presidentship is to convey and substantiate the message that belonging to IASP not only benefits us as individuals but contributes significantly to fulfill IASP’s vision ‘Working together for pain relief throughout the world’. We should all be proud of belonging to the IASP community.
Thank you for your help and continued support of IASP.
Lars Arendt-Nielsen, Dr. Med., PhD
- IASP eNewsletter - November 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - August 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - June 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - April 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - February 2014
- IASP eNewsletter - December 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - October 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - August 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - June 2013
- IASP eNewsletter - April 2013