Pain in Older Persons
The SIG on Pain in Older Persons aims to:
- Increase awareness and promote education about pain in older persons.
- Provide an international and interdisciplinary forum for people interested in clinical and research questions on pain in older persons.
- Develop/endorse best practice guidelines for assessment and management of pain in older persons.
- Promote discussion and research on pain in older persons, including: senescence of pain perception, multidimensional assessment of pain and its consequences, pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of pain, and uniqueness of the pain experience in patients with cognitive impairment.
- Facilitate the development of international collaborative research efforts on pain in older persons.
October 6-11, 2014, 15th World Congress on Pain, Buenos Aires, Argentina, at the La Rural Convention Center.
- SIG Pain in Older Persons General Bussiness Meeting
- Maximizing Effectiveness of Pain Interventions in Older Adults
- Pain and Cognition: a bidirectional perspective
Follow the steps below to access the Pain in Older Persons SIG online discussion forum, Groupsite:
- Login into your IASP account
- Click on "My Account"
- Scroll down to "My Group Memberships"
- Click on your listed SIG - "Pain in Older Persons"
IASP members can use the Online Membership Directory to locate contact information for the SIG officers.
Members of the general public should contact IASP at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the SIG.
Officers [Term 2018-2020]
Chair: Keela Herr (USA)
Vice Chair: Benny Katz (Australia)
Treasurer: Miriam Kunz (Netherlands)
Benefits of Membership
Interested in joining a SIG? Become an IASP member! Learn about the many benefits of IASP membership.Learn More