2020 Global Year for the Prevention of Pain
Welcome to the 2020 Global Year for the Prevention of Pain!
This year's theme focuses on disseminating pain prevention strategies to researchers, clinicians, and patients.
By providing free factsheets, webinars, publications, and more, we hope this campaign helps lead to better patient outcomes, and contribute towards IASP's vision of global pain relief.
Read the welcome message from IASP President Lars Arendt-Nielsen, Prof., Dr. Med, PhD
Read a welcome message from co-chairs Esther Pogatzki-Zhan, Prof. Dr. med. and Brona Fullen, PhD
Use our media kit, including logos and shareable graphics, to elevate the conversation of pain prevention, and help spread the word about this year's Global Year theme.
- Collected articles from PAIN and PAIN Reports related to the 2020 Global Year
- 2020 Global Year Webinar Series
- Tips for planning a 2020 Global Year event
- Free ebook: Pain: Considering Complementary Approaches
- Attend the British Pain Society's Acute Pain SIG Meeting "Synchronicity- Working together to reduce chronicity" on 30 March 2020.
Global Year Task Force
Esther Pogatzki-Zhan, PhD, Co-Chair (Germany)
Brona Fullen, PhD, Co-Chair (Ireland)
Fiona Campbell, MD (Canada)
Greg Dussor, PhD (USA)
Fiona Hodson, BSc (Australia)
Zubaidah Jamil Osman, PhD (Malaysia)
Ulrike Kaiser, Dr. med (Germany)
Patricia Lavand'homme, MD (Belgium)
Katherine Martucci, PhD (USA)
Romy Parker, PhD (South Africa)
Gisele Pickering, MD, PhD (France)
Felipe Reis, PhD (Brazil)
Stephan Schug, MD (Australia)
Takahiro Ushida, MD, PHD (Japan)
How to Participate
There are so many ways you can get involved in the Global Year campaign to increase and diffuse knowledge about pain prevention.
- Use this checklist as a guide to help you sponsor a meeting, symposium, or other event
- Learn more about the spokespeople behind the 2020 Global Year
- Tell us about your upcoming Global Year activities
- Follow the conversation using #GlobalYear2020 and #IASPGlobalYear on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to learn about the latest Global Year publications, resources, and activities
- Join IASP
Factsheets on Pain Prevention
Global Year Factsheets, prepared by top experts on various aspects of pain prevention, are available for free download. IASP thanks the scientists and clinicians who wrote and reviewed the factsheets.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preventing Pain: An Introduction
- Primary Prevention of Chronic Pain
- Secondary and Tertiary Prevention of Chronic Pain
- Physical Activity for Pain Prevention
- Partnering with your Health Care Professional to Prevent Pain: Information for Patients
- Nutrition and Chronic Pain
- Using Drugs for Pain Prevention: Primary Prevention Across Areas
- Prevention of Chronic Post-Surgical Pain
- Prevention of Low Back Pain: The Importance of Intervention From an Early Age
- Prevention of Pain in Vulnerable Populations