- IASP Special Interest Group (SIG) on Orofacial and Head Pain
- IASP Curricula Outline on Pain for Dentistry and Oral Health
- Official Global Year Against Orofacial Pain Poster
- Global Year Against Orofacial Pain poster jointly prepared by Australian Pain Society, New Zealand Pain Society, Faculty of Pain Medicine/ANZCA, Painaustralia.
PAIN has published many articles over the last few years on orofacial pain. View the complete list of articles.
Pain: Clinical Updates
- The Patient’s Journey Through Trigeminal Neuralgia, May 2014 (Volume XXII, Issue 1)
- Chronic Pain after Surgery or Injury, January 2011 (Volume XIX, Issue 1)
- Chronic Pain Management: Measurement-Based Step Care Solutions, December 2012 (Volume XX, Issue 8)
- Interdisciplinary Chronic Pain Management: International Perspectives, December 2012 (Volume XX, Issue 7)
- Managing Acute Pain in the Developing World, June 2011 (Volume XIX, Issue 3)
- Nonspecific Treatment Effects in Pain Medicine, January 2011 (Volume XIX, Issue 2)
- Temporomandibular Muscle and Joint Disorders, June 2004 (Volume XII, No. 2)
- Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalalgias: Diagnosis and Management, April 2012 (Volume XX, Issue 3)
IASP Press Books
- Headache and Pain
Headache and other types of pain have some common characteristics concerning pain generation and chronicity. But some distinct pathophysiological processes are unique to the headache. This book explores pain mechanisms, diagnosis, and management of headache and other chronic pain through sessions of a joint symposium in 2012 in Hamburg, Germany, of IASP and the International Headache Society as part of the Global Year Against Headache.
- Pain Comorbidities: Understanding and Treating the Complex Patient
An in-depth analysis of complex clinical situations involving multiple concurrent diseases, this book reviews the clinical presentation and management of interactions among medical conditions, including myofascial pain, headache, fibromyalgia, visceral pain, hypertension, diabetes, osteoarthritis, low back pain, obesity, depression, and anxiety.
- Functional Pain Syndromes: Presentation and Pathophysiology
This book explores the connection of functional pain syndromes (e.g., irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia) with anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, and posttraumatic stress disorder. The authors address possible common pathophysiologies and review a range of treatment options, from antidepressants to cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- The American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- The American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- The American Academy of Craniofacial Pain Canadian Chapter
- The American Equilibration Society
- The Australian & New Zealand Academy of Orofacial Pain
- European Academy of Craniomandibular Disorders
- International Association for Dental Research
- The International College of Cranio-Mandibular Orthopedics
- Korean Academy of Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine
- Lebanese Society for the Study of Pain
- TNA-The Facial Pain Association
- TMJ Association