Guidelines for Financial Aid Applications
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED
One way IASP advances its mission is by providing financial aid to enable people with limited resources to attend the World Congress on Pain. The financial aid application deadline is March 7.
- Only IASP members are eligible for a financial aid award. Applicants should be sure to include the following information:
- Enrollment in a full-time degree program or in full-time study in the area of pain and/or employment status and location
- Presentation at a national or international scientific meeting
- Applicant’s self-selected “best” publication
- Involvement in research, lab experience, or hospital or university teaching
- Individuals from developing countries or countries with currency exchange restrictions, as well as trainees in developed countries are eligible for awards. Note: The country in which the applicant is currently working, studying, or living will determine eligibility and award amounts. A trainee is a person currently in training, such as a student, intern, resident, fellow, or post-doc.
- Applicants must complete the entire application.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a poster abstract to the Congress. Please submit your poster abstract before completing the financial aid application.
- Applicants who previously have not received a Congress financial aid grant and those who have submitted a poster abstract will receive higher priority.
- No one will receive complete funding to attend the Congress. Financial aid comprises free registration plus financial support for accommodations. Monetary awards will range from $600 to $1,200 above the registration fee.
How to Apply
You will need the following information to complete the online financial aid application:
- IASP membership number. If you have recently joined IASP and have not received this number, enter "APPLY" when asked for your membership number.
- The number of previous World Congress on Pain financial aid rewards you have received.
- Information about your best publication in the field of pain (including all authors’ names in the order they appear in the publication, the title of publication, the journal name or book title and publisher, the journal volume, page numbers, and year). Only one publication will be accepted.
- If you have previously presented at a national or an international meeting, information about your presentation (meeting name, date, sponsoring organization, title of presentation, invited or submitted presentation). Only one presentation will be accepted.
- If enrolled in a post-graduate program, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If involved in university or hospital teaching, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If employed at a hospital, university, or other institute, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If submitting a poster abstract, the abstract submission number and abstract title. You will need to obtain this number before applying for aid. To do so, visit the poster abstract submission website.