Form a Special Interest Group
If you would like to establish a new Special Interest Group, please
follow these steps:
- Develop a proposal that contains:
- The mission and goals of the proposed SIG
- An outline of the purpose of the SIG
- A list of planned activities
To view how current SIGs have approached this task, visit their
respective sites at www.iasp-pain.org/SIGs.
Note: The proposed focus of the SIG must be broad
and multidisciplinary in nature, to allow anyone who is interested in
that topic to join the SIG. If there is an existing SIG with a similar
area of focus, the proposal must contain an explanation of how the new
SIG will be different than the existing SIG.
- Acquire the support of 25 current IASP members, by having them sign
a petition to form the SIG. The signers should be from different
countries and represent a range of disciplines.
- Send the proposal and signatures to the IASP Secretariat to be
reviewed by the Council. They will make the decision to accept the
special interest group as "in formation." The status is ratified at the
General Assembly of IASP Members during the next IASP World
Congress on Pain.
If you have any questions about this process, contact:
1510 H Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005-1020 USA