IASP® Early Career Research Grants Program
Grants: Multiple grants of US$20,000 each
Application Deadline: January 20
The IASP Early Career Research Grant supports a researcher who is
starting his/her independent career.
At the time of application applicants should be:
- IASP members.
- Within 6 years of having received their final degree, or completing
professional and speciality training.
- Applicant should not have been a recipient of a grant that provides
support equal to or greater than the IASP Early Career Research
The IASP Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will
evaluate all proposals based on:
- The scientific merit of the proposed research.
- The qualifications of the investigator. Only work published in
international refereed journals or periodicals will be considered.
Terms of the Awards:
- The awardee will be responsible for managing the funds to be
administered by the institution.
- The awardee must acknowledge IASP as the source of funding in any
publications arising from work supported by these grants.
- The awardee must agree to start the project within one year of the
announcement of the award, submit interim progress report, and a
detailed final scientific report within two years.
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted in English and include all
required documents per provided guidelines.
Click here to download and complete the pdf
Include with your application form:
- A description of the research project to be undertaken (4 pages max,
11 pt. font, ½ inch (1.27 cm) margins)
- A letter of recommendation.
- A letter from an institutional official that includes:
- Evidence of professional independence (i.e., a faculty level
- Evidence of institutional support (e.g. that basic costs, such
as associated salary, administrative support and the use of
- Non-profit status of the institute
- Acknowledgment that neither the IASP nor the Early Career Research
Grant will be liable (i.e. charged) for any indirect costs (overhead and
handling fees) associated with the execution of the work described in
- The short version curriculum vitae of the applicant including a list
of publications (4pages max). The CV form is
IASP will not consider incomplete applications.
- IASP will award multiple grants per year to be used by eligible
applicants who are starting their independent career.
- The IASP Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will make the
final decisions on the awards.
- The grants are available internationally and are not related to any
- The committee will give consideration to a balance of all aspects of
pain research projects including the clinical, social and basic sciences
when considering the awards.
Email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline
for receipt of applications is January 20. Awards will
be announced by March 30.
Please contact email@example.com if you have
IASP does not take responsibility for accidents or other legal issues
occurring during the period a person is benefiting from an IASP
View previous recipients of IASP Early Career